|This article contains information for a confirmed feature that is not currently available.
The subject was confirmed by an official source, but is not present in the current version of the work bound to appear. Instead, it is meant for a future update. Any information is subject to change.
|This article is currently under construction.
- This article is about Waluigi's appearance in Super Smash Flash 2. For general information about the character, see Waluigi.
in Super Smash Flash 2
Waluigi's official pixel art.
Waluigi is a playable newcomer unlockable character in Super Smash Flash 2. Waluigi was teased during the Day 3 livestream at Super Smash Con 2018, immediately after Rayman's reveal. He, along with his entire appearance and moveset, was fully revealed as part of the Day 3 livestream at Super Smash Con 2019. His sprite design are based on his various appearances as an Assist Trophy in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Waluigi is expected to be available in the future release of SSF2 Beta 1.2.
|This section is empty.
|Standard attack||Performs a hook, then follows up with a kick.||3%|
|Down tilt||Stomps three times. Has weak meteor smash properties.||3%|
|Down smash||Performs a breakdance motion kick that hits on both sides. It hits multiple times, with a launching hit at the end||18%|
|Forward tilt||Jabs forward at eye height with his middle and index fingers. It is quick, though it has mediocre knockback.||10%|
|Forward smash||Swings his tennis racket forward. Can reflect projectiles if timed correctly.||9-16%|
|Up tilt||Punches diagonally upwards. It is considerably quick.||10%|
|Up smash||Waluigi enlarges his head and performs a spinning headbutt.||11%-17%|
|Dash attack||Spins multiple times, then poses. Similar to Mario and Luigi's down special moves.||13%|
|Neutral aerial||A spinning split kick. Its fast startup combined with its low knockback and endlag allow it to be a useful combo tool||12%|
|Forward aerial||Swings his leg upwards in front of him. It has a good vertical range, though horizontal range is quite poor||16%|
|Back aerial||Kicks behind him with both legs. Its good knockback allows it to be a powerful tool for edgeguarding and spacing||14%|
|Up aerial||Does a scissor kick above him. The first hit leads into the second hit of the move, which meteor smashes opponents.||15%|
|Down aerial||A double foot stomp. The move is a stall-then-fall. Hitting an opponent within the first few frames meteor smashes them, while the late hit launches at a diagonal trajectory.||11%|
|Grab||Reaches out for the opponent.||N/A|
|Pummel||A quick low hook.||3%|
|Forward throw||A spinning throw.||11%|
|Back throw||Starts a spinning throw, but then accidentally loses his grip. It can lead into his up aerial if used near a ledge and at certain percents.||7%|
|Up throw||Throws the opponent upwards with both hands. It is his most damaging throw.||12%|
|Down throw||Slams the opponent down on the ground, and kicks them away.||3%|
|Floor attack||Performs a headstand and spin kicks horizontally.||5%|
|Ledge attack||Slide kicks forward.||6%|
|Standard special move||Waluigi Dice||Throws a dice block forward, which explodes, revealing a number. It functions similarly to Mr. Game & Watch's Judge. The effect for each number are as follows:
|Side special move||Purple Torpedo||Enters a crouched position before flying forward, homing in on nearby opponents. If no opponents are nearby, Waluigi will travel forward with a slight upward arc. Can misfire, which makes him fly further, though if he hits a wall, he will be temporarily stuck to it. It functions almost similarly to Luigi's Green Missile.||8-10%|
|Up special move||Whirluigi||Waluigi spins upwards in a corkscrew manner, striking a pose at the end to launch opponents, while his symbol flashes briefly. It functions similarly to Wario's Corkscrew.||1%|
|Down special move||Piranha Plant||Places a potted Piranha Plant on stage, which grabs opponents that get close to it and throws them toward Waluigi. Only one can be on the stage, though it can be attacked by anyone, including Waluigi himself, to despawn it.||4%|
|On-screen appearance||Jumps out of a Warp Pipe.|
|Taunts||Standard||Strikes a number of poses, saying "Wah! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" during each of them. The poses are as follows:
This taunt is based on Luigi's standard taunt.
|Side||Points his finger to the ground while saying "Sit down, loser!"|
|Up/Down||Lifts his arms into the air and laughs.|
|Victory theme||A short remix of an excerpt of the Waluigi Pinball theme from Mario Kart DS, arranged by Alex Chernabogue Mourey.|
|Victory pose||Jumps and performs three crotch chops. He then proceeds to jump twice and punch to the sky.|
- Although Waluigi was revealed at Super Smash Con 2018, his development did not start until after the event had ended.
- Due to this, Waluigi so far is the only character to be confirmed for Super Smash Flash 2 without any additional information about his appearance or moveset alongside the reveal.
- Waluigi's appearance was briefly teased several months later on May 4, 2019, only showing the lower half from his chin down.
- In Waluigi's original reveal trailer at Super Smash Con 2018, the Wario series symbol was used despite how he has never appeared in any Wario game, save for his extremely minor cameo in WarioWare Gold. This has since been changed, and he now uses the Mario series symbol.
- Waluigi is currently the only character in SSF2 to not be listed alongside other characters in the same universe on the character selection screen; instead, he is listed to the right of Wario.
- Some of Waluigi's animations, such as his walking, forward aerial, up aerial, and rolling animations, were based on MKHT's Waluigi mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- ↑ https://youtu.be/BQnQXl4usNo?t=23
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://twitter.com/McLeodGaming/status/1160624263117910019?s=20
- ↑ https://twitter.com/FriendAlias/status/1160634371985960961?s=20
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFgpyFpAn4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://twitter.com/McLeodGaming/status/1160624498749726720?s=20
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 https://twitter.com/McLeodGaming/status/1160624783236763648?s=20
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 https://twitter.com/McLeodGaming/status/1160625082051497990?s=20
- ↑ https://youtu.be/qL4X2kRG3x8
- ↑ https://twitter.com/StevenEggplant/status/1160647776654495745