Urban Champion in Super Smash Flash 2.
|Appearance||Super Smash Flash 2|
|Home stage for|
|Unlock criteria||Complete Classic with a score of 550,000 points or higher.|
Urban Champion is a stage consisting of a flat road and various buildings in the background with soft platforms under certain windows, with the sprites being taken from Urban Champion. The match begins by briefly showing the title screen of the game before the players appear in front of a barber shop and a restaurant. With hazards turned on, the stage will scroll left or right to another building when a player is KO'd in the left or right blast line, respectively. Additionally, civilians will drop flower pots from windows in the buildings if a player is underneath one, dealing 9% damage to players hit. There are also several open sewer manholes in the road where falling into one leads to the bottom blast line.
- The main music track is Urban Champion, an 8-bit medley of various themes from the game of the same name.
- The alternate music track is Sukapon Theme, an upbeat 8-bit remix of the theme that plays during the opening and ending cutscenes of Joy Mech Fight.
Urban Champion is banned in competitive play. With hazards enabled, the stage moves left or right whenever a KO is scored in the corresponding blast line. The civilians dropping flower pots deal random damage that otherwise would be dealt by the opponent. KOs are mostly restricted to the left or right blast lines, Star KOs, or Screen KOs, due to the open manholes being the only way to get bottom blast line KOs. With hazards off, the stage is flat (similar to Bomb Factory and Devil's Machine) with zero access to the bottom blast line, but features a simple platform layout on the buildings.
The design and layout of this stage are based on the gameplay of Urban Champion, in which two players fight each other in front of buildings with the goal of knocking the other player into an open sewer manhole. To do this, each player must punch the other player to the other side of the screen, which causes the screen to scroll in that direction to a new building where the fight resets. When a player wins two fights, a manhole will appear on their opponent's side of the screen, and the first player to knock the other into a manhole wins the round. Occasionally, a civilian in the building will drop a flower pot from a window that a player is underneath, temporarily stunning them when hit. Additionally, a police car may pass and cause both players to return to their starting positions, and it also appears when the timer runs out to arrest the player closest to their respective side of the screen.
- The stage's title screen only appears during the announcer's countdown, and as such, it does not appear in Training mode.
- This is currently the only stage in the game to serve as a home stage for a character not from its respective universe, that being Mr. Game & Watch.
- This may be a reference to the Game & Watch game Boxing, which Urban Champion was an adaptation of.