Should we include SSF2's theme song in this article? It's still unconfirmed if it's a beta song, because it's pretty old, so that's why I'm asking if we should include it. IStoleThePies 15:35, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
(Tested only on the download version)
After repeated play, the game tends to slow down. I opened up the task manager and I see the game using 200000K memory (when first opened, it uses around 60000K memory). I have to close the game and reopen it if I want to have the normal speed again. Anyway, I would like to suggest to have any cache in the game cleared every time when brought to the menu. This is just a suggestion as I do not exactly know what is making the game use so much memory after playing the game so much. To whomever reads this, please look into it.
BeauWorth18.104.22.168 00:42, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- The game is loading stage files and character files into memory and forgetting to clear them out. The devs are blaming it on the flash player, even if it's got nothing to do with adobe flash.Ne0pets22 01:18, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for informing me. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's making the game slow down, even on low quality.
PS. If you make the window tall and thin, you can see all the stuff loaded into the memory, which is the reason why there is so much memory used. (I'm also a former member of this wiki, hence why I put my name before I sign.) BeauWorth22.214.171.124 14:47, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- You can still log in and contribute to the wiki. Why stop? There's plenty you can do, starting with simple grammar fixes and content writing. Ne0pets22 15:02, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Nice to see you again Beau, you say former? we never "fired" you! registered or not, you are still a member, hope you get use to new Wikia. --Byllant 21:49, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome, Byll. It has been a while. The thing is: I don't have my own computer anymore so I can't really do much sadly. I may come back on here though. I'm not big on the forum community however. Cleod makes a great game though. He deserves that. If I do get a computer, I may go on here. Nice to see a place still alive though. :) 23:53, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
Nerfs and buffs
Am I the only one who sees the nerfing of strong characters and the buffing of weak characters wrong. I would rather settle for accurate stats then balanced fighting. Goku is supposed to be the strongest character out there, but now he can be beaten by bums like Wario. Even if it's only by a little bit, I think Goku deserves the #1 spot. Even the official Dragon Ball Enciclopedia can back me up on this. So I thik we should fix the characrters to make the game truly amazing/exciting.
- Are you aware Smash Bros. means balancing the characters so they can engage each other on a match? we don't care if Goku is the strongest character there, this game is not about his series. You want an overpowered Goku? go and download v0.7 where Goku was considered top tier. This page is to discuss the current situation for the article, not the game, so refrain from adding suggestions. BYLL EL WYLL
There's one thing that bugs me about this article, and it's the fact that we don't have a date for when the game was announced. What's worse is that it'll be hard knowing for sure, considering that our one source for finding it are forums that have been taken down.
However, we're at least lucky enough to have the names of the articles archived here: https://web.archive.org/web/20071106223822/http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=843acd04ec423c99d14bc43ac1dbf760
While I can't be sure that the announcement for the game is specifically in this section, since we can't actually view any of the topics, it's the best we can probably do. So if we know someone lucky enough to have seen which of these topics is the announcement of the game prior to its closure, then we can still secure the date. All I know by looking at the SSF2 discussion thread dates is that it probably happened prior to August 8, 2007.