|Super Smash Flash 2 Demo|
Title screen for revision 0.9.0.2011.
|Release date||January 14, 2013|
|Note(s)||First version to have patches and Linux compatibility, second to final alpha demo version|
|← 0.9a →|
Version 0.9a, formerly called Version 0.9.0, is the first iteration of the ninth major release and final alpha revision of the Super Smash Flash 2 Demo. It was released on January 14, 2013. It is the first version of the demo to be compatible with Linux computers.
Major differences from v0.8b
Multiple mechanics, such as edgehogging, floor attacks, auto-dashing, individual dashing key, and C-Sticks were added. Characters now utilize custom-made artworks for the character selection screen and in-game HUD, instead of official artwork. A character's CSS and HUD artworks are now always the same.
Captain Falcon is now a starter character, with Jigglypuff, a new character, taking his place as the version's unlockable character. Bomberman, Meta Knight, Samus, Sheik and Zelda were also added as playable characters.
Bomb Factory, Bowser's Castle, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Dracula's Castle, Emerald Cave, Hylian Skies, Lunar Core, Meteo Campaigns, Nintendo 3DS, Phase 8, Skull Fortress and Yoshi's Story were added as stages.
Naruto got recolored.
Goku's Instant Transmission now functions drastically differently on contact, with Goku becoming helpless after the attack, and the move becoming a command grab instead of a simple hit. Ichigo's Engetsuzan became chargeable, and no longer halts his momentum opon activation. Captain Falcon's infinite got removed.
- General AI improvement.
- Ending a transformation Final Smash midair will send the player to fall animation, instead of jump animation.
- Transformation Final Smashes' activation will now always prevent the player from falling.
- Social media buttons got added to the title screen.
- Black Mage's fully charged down smash is much quieter.
- Bomberman CPU now knows how to detonate, kick and sit bombs down.
- Bomberman's bombs no longer halt Bomberman's momentum if kicked in the air.
- Kaiō-ken Goku's taunt is no longer intangible.
- Jigglypuff now has a downward Pound.
- Link received a small audio upgrade.
- Zelda, Donkey Kong, Meta Knight and Link heavily rebalanced.
- Meta Knight's AI now understands how to end up special move.
- Naruto got recolored and re-shaded to better match the roster and improve the quality of his costumes.
- Samus' down special move is no longer intangible.
- Tails and Jigglypuff received a major AI upgrade.
- Wario-Man's grab and item use freeze bugs fixed.
- Multiple music loops got improved.
- New music on Jungle Hijinx, Yoshi's Island, Crateria, Bomb Factory, and Hueco Mundo.
- Jungle Hijinx's barrel no longer glitches when two players enter a barrel at the same time.
- Jungle Hijinx's barrel grab size is no longer too big.
- Meteo Campaigns' lag has been drastically reduced.
- Phase 8's lava is now animated.
- Target Smash's level 1 stage got an updated look and moving platforms.
- Game's file size got reduced.
- Repaired a major bug allowing players to be hit out of trapping Final Smashes.
- CPUs no longer use attacks in idling mode in Training.
- Projectiles that are already in hitlag no longer inherit hitlag when reflected.
- Social media links on title screen now send you directly to the proper website.
- Credits list updated and adjusted.
- Black Mage:
- Stop now reflects and stops projectiles.
- Fully charged down smash now plays its sound effect on the back trail if the front trail is cancelled.
- Bomberman's Jetpack final hit strengthened.
- Captain Falcon's alternating down throw → side special infinite fixed.
- Donkey Kong's Spinning Kong's vertical height has been slightly increased.
- Kirby's Cook Kirby damage got doubled.
- Down smash knockback reduced greatly.
- Has a new sidestepping animation.
- Naruto's dash attack second hit hitstun reduced and growth increased.
- Naruto's side taunt recolored.
- Pikachu's Thunder projectile now has a more accurate hitbox.
- Samus' up smash connects better.
- Sonic's Light Dash has been reverted to previous patch, halved damage.
- Sora's forward and up smashes no longer hit twice.
- Nayru's Love attack no longer cancels projectiles, instead of reflecting them.
- Back throw weakened.
- Hidden Leaf Village now loads on Browser version.
- Target Test's main platform can now be fallen through.
- All remaining broken stage music loops have been fixed.
- Hylian Skies no longer KOs players that are holding the ledge as it transforms.
- Phase 8's camera boundary adjusted and music quality improved.
- Hueco Mundo and Castle Siege's songs are louder.