|This article is currently under construction.
|Super Smash Flash 2 Demo|
Title screen for revision 126.96.36.199 Beta.
|Release date||February 14, 2020|
|Note(s)||Third iteration of final playable demo|
|← Beta 1.2|
Beta 1.2 is the third revision of the final major release of the Super Smash Flash 2 Demo and followed the second beta phase of development.
Differences from Beta 1.1
This demo features many differences from Beta 1.1, with the most notable being the addition of six new unlockable characters: Simon, Krystal, Rayman, Waluigi, Lucario, and Ryu. As with other versions of the demo, many changes have also been made to the returning characters, including Kirby, Ness, and Sora having completely new sprites.
Several new stages have been added as well, including Venus Lighthouse, The World That Never Was, Sky Pillar, Krazoa Palace, and Suzaku Castle. In addition to these, stages such as Mushroom Kingdom II and Nintendo 3DS received the stage hazards they had prior to being removed in Beta 1.0.
Smash Balls return to the game, yet again, bringing Final Smashes with them. Nagato and Riku were also added as Assist Trophies. This update also added several new items: the Blood Sword, Poison Bomb and Screw Attack. The Master Ball item got updated, now behaving similarly to the official Super Smash Bros. games, where it releases rare Pokémon. A new item, Trophy Stand, was added to act like the old Master Ball.
All characters were given new, far less limited costumes; every character's costume amount got changed to 12 costumes total, including the default one.
The HUD and UI received a visual upgrade. New visual effects for multiple occurrences, such as clanking and hitting an invincible foe, were added. New sound effects and voice clips were also added, most notably for the Firework item, and Pichu, respectively.
- View full changelog here.
- Fixed black screen crash on app start.
- Fixed issue with gamepad controls resetting in online mode.
- Fixed Kirby/Rayman lockjaw infinites.
- Fixed crashes on self-destruct KOs caused by some Ness costumes.
- Controls menu button added to online mode character select screen.
- Select hand can now interact with online mode character select menu buttons.
- 32-bit runtime fixed for Windows XP.
- MGN’s lobby performance should now be back to v1.1 levels, if not better.
- Fixed issue with some players still losing their gamepad settings in online mode (gamepad settings may need to be reconfigured in some cases).
- Fixed issue that caused certain characters to desync in online under certain conditions (e.g. Sheik).
- Fixed issue with clearing save data in the data menu causing a re-import of v1.1 save data.
- Stamina mode added.
- News Feed added to main menu.
- Polygon Zone stage added.
- Sora and Ryu’s Final Smashes added.
- New costumes for Samus, Ichigo, PAC-MAN, and Jigglypuff.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and balancing.
- Fixed issue with stamina mode settings affecting certain event matches
- Replays forward-compatible with MG Insiders release v188.8.131.52.
- Starting with this version of the demo, McLeodGaming began a new strategy for releasing updates called the "Rotation Release Cycle". With this strategy, a new update would be released every two months starting in March 2020.
- Due to this, the demo released with certain features such as Final Smashes left incomplete until a later update.
- Prior to its release, Beta 1.2 was leaked many times, with a promotional build from April 2019 getting publicly released.