Kirby using Stone.
|Effect||Kirby transforms into an invincible stone and plummets downward, damaging opponents on the way.|
When performed, Kirby gathers rocks around him as transforms into a stone or other heavy object, slightly rising as he does so. Once transformed, he quickly falls straight down and is granted almost complete invincibility, being vulnerable only to grabs. Opponents hit by Kirby as he falls are dealt 18% damage with average upward knockback. He can stay in this form for up to three seconds at a time, though he can be taken out manually with the special move input.
Each time the move is performed, Kirby will randomly transform into one of the following objects:
- An orange stone with closed eyes.
- A 100-ton weight.
- Lip's garbage block from Panel de Pon.
- A spiked ball.
- A Thwomp from the Mario series, accompanied by a grunt.
- The Moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, accompanied by Skull Kid's laugh.
- A Landmaster from the Star Fox series, which can move across the stage and deal 3% damage to opponents in the way.
- A golden statue of Kirby, who poses in the same way as he does in his Trophy Stand trophy.
With the exception of the Landmaster, the differences between each form are purely aesthetic and do not affect the properties of the attack. In terms of probability, the orange stone, weight, garbage block, and spiked ball each appear commonly with a 21.25% chance of appearing. The Thwomp appears less commonly with a 13% chance. The other variations are considerably rare, with the Moon having a 1% chance, the Landmaster a 0.99% chance, and the golden statue a 0.01% chance.
Stone is one of Kirby's recurring Copy Abilities in the Kirby series that originated in Kirby's Adventure, behaving in much the same way. While in Stone form, Kirby is invulnerable to all attacks. Kirby Super Star introduced the detail of randomizing the transformations to various other types of objects, including a rare golden statue of Mario, Samus Aran, or the HAL Laboratory logo. Unlike in SSF2, Kirby can also slide down slopes to attack enemies while in Stone form. Additionally, Kirby can stay in Stone form indefinitely in the Kirby games, while in SSF2 he can only stay in Stone form for a limited amount of time.
- Each of Kirby's Stone forms, with the exceptions of the Moon, Landmaster, and golden statue, change appearance when using Kirby's twelfth costume or a Metal Box to match Kirby's color scheme.
- Prior to v0.7 of the demo, Kirby would only be able to transform into the orange stone.
|Kirby's special moves|
|Standard special move||Inhale|
|Side special move||Hammer|
|Up special move||Final Cutter|
|Down special move||Stone|
|Final Smash||Cook Kirby|