- For the wiki's guidelines, see McLeodGaming Wiki:Ruleset.
The Rules screen is a sub-menu in the Super Smash Flash series that allows the player to select or condition a match in Group before it is played.
These are the following rules found in both games. A row separated by a slash means how said rule is referred to as in Super Smash Flash (for the first one) and Super Smash Flash 2 (for the latter):
- Time / Time Limit: Puts a time limit on a match. Once the time runs out, the player or team with most points wins. The time limit can be set from 1:00 minute to 99:00 minutes.
- Stock: Sets an amount of lives for each player. The last team or player standing wins. The stock range is from 1 to 99. If a time limit is also activated, the rules for both Time and Stock apply.
- Damage Ratio: Chooses the ratio of each damage the player inflicts on their opponent. Can be set from x0.5-x2.0.
- Items / Item Frequency: Sets how frequently items appear on the stage.
- Respawn % / Start Damage: Sets how much damage each player starts the match with.
- Display Player # / Player Display: Sets the player display/label on or off.
- Hazards: Chooses whether stage hazards appear on a stage or not. Appears in SSF2 only.
- Team Damage: Allows teammates in Team Battle to attack each other. Appears in SSF2 only.
- Item switch: Allows the player to customize which items appear in a match. There is also an "All" switch which allows the player to turn all items on or off at once. Appears in SSF2 only.
- Random Stage Switch: Allows the players to choose which set of stages will have a chance to appear when the players select the random button. Appears in SSF2 only.
- Controls: Allows the players to configure and customize their controls. Appears in SSF2 only but is possible in the EXE version of SSF through the options menu.
Super Smash Flash
Super Smash Flash 2
The Rules screen in the demo v0.1a - v0.1b.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.2a - v0.3c.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.4a - v0.4b.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.5a - v0.5b.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.6.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.7.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.8a.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.8b.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.9a.
The Rules screen in the demo v0.9b.