- This article is about the non-playable Pichu that comes out of a Poké Ball. For the playable Pichu, see Pichu (Super Smash Flash 2). For character in general, see Pichu.
Pichu in Super Smash Flash 2.
|National Pokédex number||#172|
|Species||Tiny Mouse Pokémon|
Pichu (ピチュー) is an Electric-type Baby Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves to Pikachu when its friendship stat reaches max level. In Super Smash Flash 2, aside having a playable counterpart, a smaller Pichu can also be released from a Poké Ball to aid the player.
Pichu are very small, plump, yellow rodent-like Pokémon. It bears a similar appearance to its evolved form Pikachu, but varies in a number of ways. Pichu have diamond-shaped ears on the top of their head, with the edges being black and the interior yellow. Underneath their head is a black pattern, that somewhat resembles a collar. Their tails are completely black, and resemble a small lightning bolt, similar to its evolved forms, which are larger. Pichu also have round, pink sacs on their cheeks, used for storing electricity.
Pichu have the special ability Static. This allows for a 30% chance that an opponent will become paralyzed if it lands a physical attack on Pichu. Pichu, like its other forms, is capable of storing electricity in the pink sacs on its cheeks. Being a baby Pokémon however, Pichu can not store as much electricity as its evolved forms. It will shock itself if any electricity leaks out of its cheeks.
In Super Smash Flash 2
As stated above, Pichu is one of the Pokémon that can be released from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Flash 2. Once it is released, Pichu will charge up electricity for a short period of time and then use Thunder Wave, which creates a quick burst of electricity around Pichu. The move deals electric damage and has a great range and knockback. Pichu will use the move multiple times before disappearing.
- Pichu is the only character to appear from a Poké Ball and also be a playable character at the same time.
- According to the developers, the Poké Ball and playable Pichu are brothers, with the Poké Ball Pichu being younger.
- Along with Charizard, Pichu is the only character that can be summoned from a Poké Ball to be a playable character in the official Super Smash Bros. games, in its case, Super Smash Bros. Melee. However, unlike Charizard, Pichu was never a Pokémon that could be summoned from a Poké Ball. This makes Pichu the first character to truly be a playable character in the main games and turned into an assist Pokémon in the Super Smash Flash series.
- Playable Pichu's up special move, Agility, becomes similar to Poké Ball Pichu's Thunder Wave attack when the former enters its Discharged state, sharing the same effects.