This page refers to Kirby's changes throughout the Super Smash Flash 2 Demo.
- Kirby has two less frames of landing lag on down aerial.
- Inhale's copy ability hats now match the various changes from the other characters.
- Partly fixed an issue where Kirby's ledge attack would cancel out.
- Fixed an issue where Kirby's Copy Abilities would not work.
Grab and throws
- Increased range.
- Down throw final hit launches at a lower angle.
- Down throw non-final hits can no longer be canceled in Turbo Mode.
- Down tilt has three less frames of endlag.
- All dash attack hits now use weight-based knockback (WBKB 20).
- Dash attack launches at a higher angle (35 -> 45).
- Forward smash:
- Startup has been decreased by three frames.
- Ending lag increased by three frames.
- Sweetspot's hitbox is larger, allowing it to be landed more easily.
- Lower base knockback (38 → 30).
- To compensate, it has higher knockback scaling (90 → 102).
- Down smash:
- Hitboxes are smaller after first spin.
- Lower base knockback (30 → 25).
- All hitboxes have increased knockback scaling (90/85/85 → 110/110/110).
- Neutral aerial:
- Hitbox is larger, and fully covers Kirby.
- A second sourspot was added on frame 7 (6% damage).
- Reduced landing lag (6 → 5).
- Up aerial hitboxes interpolate better, and have slightly longer reach.
- Back aerial:
- Hitboxes reach further from Kirby, giving it more reach.
- Deals more damage (12% → 13%).
- Increased knockback scaling (90 -> 104).
- Increased landing lag (4 → 6).
- Forward aerial hitboxes are larger.
- Down aerial:
- Increased startup, landing and ending lag by one frame (5/6/6 → 6/7/7).
- Hitboxes have more horizontal reach.
- Hitbox added on landing animation (2% damage, WBKB 40, KBS 100).
- Hitboxes now fully cover the swing.
- Grounded version has less base knockback (65 → 60).
- Aerial version has increased base knockback (50 → 60).
- Increased knockback scaling (72 → 78).
Grab and throws
- Down throw final hit launches at a higher angle (63 -> 78).
- Down throw multi-hit portion has increased damage per hit (1% -> 1.33%).
- Decreased forward aerial endlag by two frames.
- Down aerial hitlag and self-hitlag were reverted.
- Fixed issues with Ichigo and Naruto Copy Abilities.
- Link Copy Ability sprites have been updated.
- Fixed issue where a CPU Kirby would crash the game if Falco was inhaled.
- Aerial Hammer's first hit now links into the second.
- Kirby now has an edge lean animation.
- Air speed increased (5.8 → 6.2).
- Roll speed increased (8 → 15).
- Roll deceleration increased (0 → 1.07).
- Kirby is lighter (78 → 76). This makes him easier to KO.
- Spotdodge grants less intangibility (9 frames → 7 frames).
- Spotdodge has increased endlag (2 frames → 5 frames).
- Forward smash endlag decreased by 2 frames.
- Forward smash horizontal boost is higher (11 → 14).
- Down smash's upward hitbox has increased knockback scaling (110 → 120).
- Dash attack's hits connect more reliably.
Grab and throws
- Down throw duration reduced (44 frames → 35 frames).
- It now deals less damage because of this (15.3% → 11.3%).
- Neutral aerial startup reduced (4 frames → 3 frames).
- Neutral aerial hitstun increased (100% → 110%).
- Forward aerial no longer has a smaller hitbox if Kirby has not copied an ability.
- Forward aerial hitlag reverted.
- Up aerial:
- Hitbox updated (BkB 35 → 47, kBG 55 → 61, hitlag -1 → 4, self-hitlag -1 → 1).
- Damage decreased (13 → 11).
- Hitbox connects more reliably.
- Motion blur changed to line up with hitboxes better.
- Down aerial hitbox updated (Damage 2% → 3% per hit, hitstun 50% → 100%)
- Down aerial no longer has less range if Kirby has copied an ability.
- Gained a new animation.
- Vortex is now aligned with frame data.
- Minimum hold duration decreased (32 frames → 21 frames).
- Increased endlag (4 frames → 9 frames).
- Grabbox now decreases in size if the move is held for a period of time.
- Grabbox has less horizontal reach.
- To compensate, its vertical range was slightly increased.
- Copy Abilities:
- Copy Abilities for Ichigo, Lloyd, Meta Knight, Naruto, Pit, and Tails now have the same frame data as their normal versions.
- Captain Falcon's copy ability no longer slides if started in midair and landed on the ground.
- Kirby's version of Giant Punch has the same knockback as the normal version.
- Kirby's version of Falco's Blaster can now be fired in midair.
- Fixed an issue where a CPU Kirby would crash the game if it used Falco's Blaster version.
- Link's Copy Ability now retains ownership if colliding with a thrown Bomb.
- Luigi's Copy Ability movement can now be controlled in midair.
- Mega Man's Copy Ability now allows only one midair jump when charging.
- Mega Man's Copy Ability now has sound effects.
- Mega Man's Copy Ability had its endlag increased by three frames.
- Meta Knight's Copy Ability has lower air speed (10 -> 7).
- PAC-MAN's copy ability no longer has bugs and glitches.
- Sheik's Copy Ability has been fixed: it can now throw multiple needles.
- Yoshi's Copy Ability now has working sound effects.
- Wario's Copy Ability has new sprites and shares his frame data.
- Zelda's Copy Ability now properly works.
- Zero Suit Samus's Copy Ability now fires in the correct place.
- Fixed an issue where Final Cutter would display odd behavior if it landed on bouncy objects.
- Floor attack now deals damage, and sound effects were added.
- Floor attack frame data standardized to match the rest of the cast.