|Gotta Cherish Them All|
|Description||Pikachu hates Pokeballs. Show these humans what it's like to be trapped in one!|
|Opponent(s)|| (level 9)|
|Stage(s)||Lake of Rage|
|← Gotta Cherish Them All →|
Playing as Pikachu, the player must defeat a team consisting of Link, Ichigo, and Zero Suit Samus on Lake of Rage. An item that appears exclusively in this event called the Cherish Ball will frequently spawn, which captures an opponent it hits when thrown and falls to the bottom blast line, resulting in a one-hit KO to opponents captured. The player cannot directly attack the opponents, though they can directly attack the player. Thus, in order to clear this event, the player must use the Cherish Balls to capture and defeat every opponent. The player has 3 stocks and each opponent has unlimited stocks, as they can only be defeated when KO'd by the player.
The ranking the player receives is based on how much time the event takes to be completed. The specific conditions for this are listed below.
|F||> 1:36 '66|
- This event is the only instance where the Cherish Ball item appears. This is fitting, as in the Pokémon series, the only instance Cherish Balls appear is when housing Pokémon obtained from promotional events, and they are not available for use to the average trainer.
- Although the event description refers to the opponents as humans, Link is actually a Hylian, and Ichigo is only partially a human.
- Although the player is intended to catch opponents in Cherish Balls, opponents can also be defeated when KO'd after being hit by a Cherish Ball capturing another opponent.
- Prior to Beta 1.2, completing this event would unlock the Master Ball item.
- The preview image of this event was changed twice over the development of SSF2. It was first changed in Beta 1.2.2 due to Pikachu receiving new costumes, and it was changed again in Beta 1.2.4 due to the costume used for Pikachu changing.