Fairy Glade in Super Smash Flash 2.
|Appearance||Super Smash Flash 2|
|Home stage for|
Fairy Glade mainly consists of a large main platform with a slope in the middle and a higher elevation on the left side. There is also a mushroom on the left side that can be jumped on, which will bounce fighters high up. Two soft platforms are suspended above the main platform, with the left one being much higher and reachable using the mushroom. The stage is surrounded by water, and on each side of the main platform has a nearby lily pad that can be stood on. With hazards enabled, standing on a lily pad for about five seconds will cause a piranha to jump out of the water and over the lily pad, dealing 16% damage to fighters hit.
Globox can be seen standing next to the mushroom in the background, watching the battle. When idle, he will periodically either slap his belly with his left hand or look to his left then his right. He will also dance and wave his hands around when a KO is scored. Other background elements include Popolopoïs that fly around the stage and rest on the giant tree, smaller mushrooms that stack on top of each other, helicopter bombs that fly from one side of the stage to the other, and a warship that flies off in the distance.
- The main music track is The Woods of Light, a calm remix of the theme that plays in the area of the same name in Rayman 2: The Great Escape.
- One of the alternate music tracks is Rayman 2 Main Theme, an upbeat remix of the main theme of Rayman 2: The Great Escape.
- The other alternate music track is Chasing a Dream, an upbeat remix of the theme that plays in the Land of the Livid Dead in Rayman Origins.
This stage is banned in competitive play. Its large size, high main platforms, and distant lily pad platforms allow for excessive camping and defensive play, and the mushroom on the main platform intrudes on fights due to forcing players that jump on or near it to bounce up to the highest platform.
The Fairy Glade, also called the Fairy's Glade, is the second level in Rayman 2: The Great Escape (except in the Game Boy Color version, in which it is the first level). It is a forest space that Rayman enters in order to find the Robo-Pirate stronghold where Ly the Fairy is held captive and eventually free her. Many elements of this level are carried over into the stage in SSF2, such as a mushroom that propels Rayman to another platform and piranha-infested waters that must be crossed using lily pads.
|This section may require some new images.
Whether it is a new image or simply a higher quality update, upload the new file and add it into the section. Remember to always upload an updated file under the same name as the older version to supersede it.
- The existence of this stage was teased in a Tweet on August 7, 2021, five days before the stage's release in Beta 1.3.1. The image in this Tweet showed two players as Rayman with the names "HSFBU" and "FTDBQF", which can be decrypted from a Caesar cipher with a shift of 1 to "GREAT" and "ESCAPE", respectively, referencing the name of the game the stage is based on. The "Please Wait" text in the background hinted that the update, as well as the stage, would be released soon.
- Twitter Accessed on August 14, 2021.