A chain grab, also known as chain throw, refers to a series of grabs and throws where the opponent's hitstun does not end before getting regrabbed. Unless the opponent techs or escapes the player using directional influence, escaping chain grabs can be very difficult. Generally, heavier or larger characters tend to be more vulnerable to chain grabs than lighter or smaller characters. Going along with this, Samus is more susceptible to horizontal chain grabs than vertical ones due to her heavy weight. While Fox is more susceptible to vertical chain grabs than horizontal ones due to his high accelerated falling speed.
Characters who can chain grab
|This section requires to be rewritten or expanded.
The information is not outdated nor incomplete, although it can be rewritten for a more formal explanation and better clarity. It may require an expansion going further on missing details.
- Sora is able to chain grab high and fast fallers with down throw.
- Captain Falcon can chain grab above average fallers to fast fallers with his up/down throw until at high percentages.
- Mario can chain grab fast fallers and high fallers with up throw and down throw.
- Wario's Chomp can chain grab larger characters such as Bowser and Donkey Kong until near 100%.
- Ichigo can tech chase chain grab with his down throw, some characters will bounce off the ground and allow a regrab. He can chain grab heavy characters with his forward throw.
- Sheik can chain grab with her up throw on high and fast fallers at low to medium percentages.
- Ness can chain grab with his down throw.
- Donkey Kong can chain grab above average to fast fallers with his down/up throw.
- Yoshi can chain grab with his down throw at low percentages.
- Bomberman can chain grab with his up and down throw at low percentages.
- Marth can chain grab with his forward throw. He can chain grab Fast fallers with his up throw. He can also grab, pummel, and release on most characters into a chain grab.
- Fox can chain grab himself with up throw., and most of the cast with forward throw
- Luigi can chain grab fast to above average fallers with his down throw from 0% to around 40%.
- PAC-MAN can chain grab with his down throw.
- Goku can chain grab with his down throw. He can chain grab Fast fallers with his up throw.
- Link can chain grab average fallers with his down throw until at medium-high percentages.
- Kaiō-ken Goku can chain grab opponents until KO percents with his back throw.
- Luffy can tech chase chain grab with his back throw. At percentages above 20%, they will bounce allowing him to regrab. Luffy can also chain grab with Gum-Gum Pistol into up throw.