||This article is currently under construction.
There is still information to be added and editors are contributing to complete it anytime soon. You can help the McLeodGaming Wiki by filling in the blanks.
This page refers to Black Mage's changes and revisions over time in Super Smash Flash 2.
- Fully charged down smash is much quieter.
- Stop now reflects and stops projectiles.
- Black Mage dair slightly strengthened.
- Black Mage dash attack super-armor-disabling bug fixed.
- Black Mage issue where attacks would be cancelled if Meteor went out of bounds fixed.
- Fixed Black Mage’s final smash final hit not working.
- Stop hitboxes tightened, and the attack has a bit more endlag.
- Adjusted heavy knockback animations.
- Tumble Fall animation now can grab the ledge.
- Lowered dash attack angle (45 → 35).
- Lowered forward tilt angle (50 → 45).
- Forward Smash:
- Lowered angle (50 → 45).
- Decreased base knockback (62 → 40) and increased knockback growth (88 → 100).
- Forward aerial:
- Lowered hitlag modifier (130% → 120%).
- Decreased base knockback (49 → 30) and increased knockback growth (90 → 110).
- Back aerial:
- Increased knockback growth (100 → 110).
- Fixed glitch where Up Special circle indicator would stay in camera (and moving) if Black Mage was hit, grabbed or KO’d while he still had control of it.
Grabs and throws
- Fixed issue with Back throw inducing hitstun on Black mage himself upon execution.
- Jump increased (14 → 15.8).
- Double jump increased (12 → 14).
- Short hop increased (7 → 10).
- Dodge roll speed increased (10 → 14).
- Dodge roll deceleration increased (0 → 0.76).
- Gravity increased (1.1 → 1.375).
- Spotdodge intangibility ends earlier (frame 10 → frame 9).
- Crouch animation sped up.
- Up tilt's endlag reduced (9 frames → 8 frames).
- Up smash's hitbox modified (Angle 89° → 90°, KBG 95 → 105).
- Dash attack animation adjusted to line up with armor frames.
- Neutral aerial:
- Initial hits updated (Angle 110° → 105°, Weight KB 70 → 120, hitstun -1.4 → -1).
- Now hits on every active frame instead of every other active frame.
- Now has a third hitbox to provide better coverage.
- Startup increased (1 frame → 2 frames).
- Endlag increased (1 frame → 5 frames).
- Final hit angle changed (45° → 55°).
- Forward Aerial:
- Hitbox updated (BKB 30 → 50, KBG 110 → 75, Hitlag -1 → 4, Self Hitlag -1 → 1, hitstun -1.2 → -1.15).
- Landing lag decreased (6 frames → 5 frames).
- Back aerial landing lag decreased (6 frames → 5 frames).
- Up aerial:
- Weak and strong hits now use a new effect.
- Projectiles now inherit 55% of Black Mage’s momentum.
- Hitboxes updated to match effects better.
- Final hit altered (Damage 7% → 8%, Angle 45° → 40°, BKB 75 → 70, KBG 85 → 112).
- Now refreshes when grabbing the edge.
- Fixed a bug where using grounded Warp to teleport onto the grass in World Tournament would not KO Black Mage if hazards were on.
- Fixed a bug where grounded Warp could scale near-vertical terrain like the pillar on Hyrule Temple.
- Fixed a bug where grounded Warp could not travel underneath low ceilings.
- Can be aimed once again.
- Fixed a bug where Black Mage would lose control of his current meteor if a previous meteor gets destroyed.
Grabs and throws
- Back throw knockback updated (BKB 65 → 90, KBG 100 → 80).